DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY. NO AGENCIES OR EXTERNAL RECRUITERS PLEASE.
We are looking for a Senior FPGA / Embedded Developer to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The main function of the role is to develop, optimise and maintain FPGA and firmware implementations within new and existing Codex product applications. The possibility exists for the location to include our central London office if that better suits the right candidate.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working in a small team designing and developing new products
- Interfacing with electronic and product design engineers
- HDL development, primarily in VHDL
- FPGA synthesis and implementation
- Design debugging in hardware
- Linux driver development
- Low-level C / C++ development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous product development experience in a fast paced commercial environment essential
- Experience with multi clock domain and pipelined high speed FPGA designs
- Experience of current Xilinx development tools and high end devices an advantage
- Ability to understand circuit board schematic diagrams
- Working knowledge of Linux, device drivers and interfacing with hardware at a low level
- Solid C and basic C++ skills
- Knowledge of digital video and audio an advantage
Location option includes our central London office if that better suits the right candidate.
- Carry out design, testing and implementation of software products.
- Support and maintain existing software.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure software objectives are achieved on time.
- Keep up to date with tools and techniques appropriate to the industry.
- University level qualification (see below).
- Fluent knowledge of C/C++ programming.
- Experience of Linux, OSX.
- Experience of working on development of GUIs.
- Desire to learn and develop through innovation.
- Ability to adapt.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads independently and proactively.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
At least two years experience in a software development environment delivering the requirements above but no more than 4 would be ideal.
University Education Requirements
Achieved Level: Minimum Upper Second Class Honours ( 2(i) ) from a good University.Degree Read: Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (will consider Computer Science or similar)
We are looking for a Front-end Application Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides.
Location possibilities also include Wellington (NZ) and Montreal (CA).
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and component libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure that all user input is validated.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Proficient knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, as well as server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficiency with advanced graphics frameworks such d3.js and technologies such as SVG.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, and MVC patterns.
- Proficiency with advanced event handling and real-time interaction.
- Solid knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Practical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and C-class languages.
- Computer Science degree & industry experience with Geometry and Graphics.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for all the mechanical aspects of digital recording equipment, integration of electronics, cooling, mechanisms and assemblies, coordinate prototyping activities and transition into production.
Design and presentation of concepts. Development of candidate solution for prototype, then sound analysis, problem solving and refinement into production.
Duties will involve:
- Problem solving and concept generation.
- Packaging of electronics within existing corporate design language, working closely with Industrial Design, electronic engineers, and production.
- Thermal analysis and design for thermal dissipation using forced air cooling techniques where applicable.
- Generating, checking and revision control of manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Detail manufacturing drawings and prepare assembly drawings.
- Responsibility for BOM development and hand-over to production.
Codex is a world-leading manufacturer of specialised recording and workflow systems for the motion picture industry. As the market leader with a reputation for product quality which is second to none, our product range has been consistently deployed on the biggest grossing movies in production. Due to continued growth we are now looking for a Project Manager to join our dynamic and fast paced team.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for project execution.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and maintaining technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress.
- Manage change (in project scope, schedule and costs) using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the clients (internal or external) and all stakeholders.
- Minimise project risks through effective Risk Management techniques.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Strong educational background preferably holding a degree from a good university in an engineering discipline.
- Proven experience and track record of delivering multiple projects on time and to budget.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in electronic hardware and software development.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- PMP / PRINCE II / Agile certification desirable.