What personal information we collect and how we use it
In general, you can visit our Websites without telling us who you are and without giving us any personal information. There are times, however, when we or our partners may need information from you, for instance in order to perform a transaction. In particular, we may collect and process the following information (including Personal Information) about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Codex Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Websites, subscribe to our services, download white papers and case studies, sign up to webinars, contribute to our chat rooms or forums, apply for jobs, purchase or use our products and/or services, sign up for programs, and when you report a problem with our Websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, resume or curriculum vitae.
- We use the information you give to us:
- to provide you with the products and services you requested, including support services;
- to provide you with information about product and services that we feel may interest you:
- to contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- for recruitment purposes, if you have applied for a job with us.
- Information we collect automatically. When you visit our Websites, we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including your IP address, log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Websites (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs), products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through "cookies", and this is explained further below.
- We use the information we collect automatically:
- to administer our Websites for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services; as part of our effort to keep our Websites safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about goods and services that may interest you or them; and
- to measure the effectiveness of advertising we and others serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties we work with such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
- We use the information that we receive about you from other sources for the same purposes as the information you provide to us and the information that we collect automatically, and in addition in order to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect.
If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a spouse or work colleague, we will assume that you have their permission to do so. You are responsible for obtaining this permission from other people whose personal information you provide to us.
How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with others, to fulfill your requests and orders, for instance with other parts of Codex, our order fulfillment reseller, business partners, financial institutions, shipping companies, and postal or government authorities (for example, Customs authorities) involved in fulfillment.
We may also share your personal information with advertising networks that require this information to select and serve relevant adverts to you, as well as with analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement of our Websites. In addition we may share your personal information with selected business partners for marketing purposes, but at all times in accordance with your marketing preferences as indicated from time to time.
In some cases we use suppliers to collect, use, analyze and otherwise process information (including personal information) on our behalf. We require suppliers with whom we share personal information to handle it in a manner consistent with our policies, and we take steps to ensure that our suppliers preserve the security and confidentiality of personal information that they collect and process on our behalf.
We may use the information that you provide us in connection with a job application or enquiry throughout Codex and its related entities for the purpose of considering your enquiry and application for employment related purposes. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep your personal information for possible future consideration.
We may generally share your personal information with our affiliates globally, and this is further explained in the section on Our Worldwide Practices, below.
In addition, we may process your personal information for the purpose of producing and providing to our partners statistical information (meaning aggregate information that does not identify you personally) about how our customers, collectively, use our Websites and services. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how often people use their areas, services and our Websites, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience or services experience.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to 3rd parties such as law enforcement authorities and agencies, regulatory organization, courts and governmental or other public authorities if we have to or are authorized to do so by law, for example pursuant to judicial or other government requests, subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
Finally, circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Codex decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We will seek appropriate protection for personal information disclosed in these types of transactions.
How to Opt In or Opt Out from Direct Marketing
We may use the information you give us on certain Codex Websites for direct marketing purposes to provide product and service requests, offers, updates, newsletters, events, or promotional communications. However, such marketing will be sent in accordance with applicable law, and any marketing preferences you have expressed. We will offer you an opportunity to either opt in to or opt out of such use. There are a few ways to opt in to or opt out of the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. For example, at the point of collection of your personal information you may be informed of an opportunity to receive certain communications and be given a choice to opt in or opt out, for instance by providing your personal information and checking or unchecking an opt-in or opt-out box.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, Codex websites do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track”, please visit “All About Do Not Track".
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
Information Security and Quality
We apply appropriate security measures and processes to protect your personal information, and maintain its security and quality. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use encryption when transmitting certain sensitive information and any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites at all times. Once we have received your personal information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or loss.
Notification of Changes
Access, Correction and Deletion
You can access the personal information in your online account and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. You may delete your online account altogether, if you wish. Please note that we may retain some personal information in our records even after you delete your online account.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations.
Our Worldwide Practices
Codex is a global organisation, with affiliated legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders.
Our privacy practices are designed to provide protection for your personal information all over the world. We may share your personal information among Codex affiliates globally and transfer it to our business partners based in various countries in the world where we do business. Some countries may provide less legal protection than others for your personal information. When we transfer your personal information internationally we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely, lawfully and in the manner we describe here.
Service Quality Monitoring
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that it is Codex general practice to monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
Links to Non-Codex Websites
Codex Websites may contain links to other websites. Codex is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites, and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of these websites to find out how they use your personal information.
Please use the Back button on your browser or close this window to return to the page where you were.
Effective date May 2018.