We are looking for a Front-end Application Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides.
Location possibilities also include Wellington (NZ) and Montreal (CA).
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and component libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure that all user input is validated.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Proficient knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, as well as server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficiency with advanced graphics frameworks such d3.js and technologies such as SVG.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, and MVC patterns.
- Proficiency with advanced event handling and real-time interaction.
- Solid knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Practical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and C-class languages.
- Computer Science degree & industry experience with Geometry and Graphics.